If you’re using a Mac computer and you notice that it is no longer working fast like the way it used to, then you may be interested in trying these tips. With these tips you will be able to increase your Mac’s speed and improve its overall performance, all without spending a fortune to do so.
1. Rebuild your Desktop. You can do this at least once a month and it’s quite easy to do. Just press and hold down the Command and Option keys when you restart your computer. Keep the keys pressed until your Mac asks if you want to Rebuild Desktop and click OK. Doing this will clean up your messy and cluttered desktop.
2. Remove Unnecessary Fonts. Remove fonts that you never use or need, and check also for any corrupt fonts that are installed in your Mac. To do this you simply start looking over the Fonts folder. You can find this folder in the System Folder, you then drag out the fonts that you want to remove.
3. Turn off System Extensions. To turn off the extensions that you don’t need, just open the Extensions Manager control panel and decide which of the extensions are not really important to you. For example if your computer is not using the network or if you don’t have a printer then turn off printer drivers and file-sharing options. This will reclaim space on your Mac and also speed it up.
4. Upgrade Applications: By making sure that all of the programs that are on your Mac stay updated, will help keep your Mac running at its best. To do so you can purchase software that will perform these upgrades for your Mac automatically. You can try SoftwareFPU, Speed Doubler or Norton Utilities.
5. Use Mac’s Cleaning Utility Tools: On your Mac you can use its utility tools to clear out unnecessary files such as temporary logs, and cache and browser files, which can cause you to have a cluttered hard drive. It can also repair disk errors and eventually speed up the overall performance in your Mac.
6. Close Open Files and Applications. If you are not using a file or an app you should be sure to close it. This is because when you open them at the same time they consume more space and affect your Mac’s performance.
7. Remove Unnecessary Language Packs. You can use Monolingual or another utility application that can strip off these unused language packs in your Mac and reclaim a few gigabytes of Mac space in return.
8. Remove Dashboard Widgets. Removing any widgets that are unnecessary will help your Mac perform better. Widgets can be very useful but they consume precious space on your Mac, so it’s better to remove them if they’re not really necessary.
9. Clean up Desktop. Avoid using too many icons in your Desktop because it can really affect how your Mac can perform. Organize them into one location instead by creating a folder and putting your files in it. .
10. Add RAM to your Mac. If you’ve tried all of these tips and your Mac is taking longer to open and load programs, having problems running multiple files and programs, and just generally running slow then it may be time to add RAM to your Mac.
These simple tips will effectively increase your Mac’s speed and boost performance. You can use these tips any time that you notice that your Mac is working slower, all without hurting your budget.
Incoming search terms:
- computer cleaner for mac
- www maccleaner net mac-cleaner
- mac cleaner for OSX 10 4 11
- os x mountain lion remove unused language packs
- Powered by Article Dashboard how to get rid of a computer virus
- 10 ways to make mac faster
- making mac faster
- return key on iMac keyboard
- simple ways to make your mac faster
- ten ways clean your mac