The easiest way and the first step to cleanup the hard drive on your mac, is to make sure you’re shutting down and restarting your Mac often. A Mac computer will refresh after you have let it rest and restart. Another way to do a disk cleanup on a Mac is to empty the Mac OS X trash bin. Many people will place files in the trash, but the files are still taking up space on the Mac’s hard drive.
Unused applications are another source that will slow down your Mac. You will need to uninstall unused applications. After a while it is easy to collect large applications and then forget about them and not delete them. To uninstall unused applications, click on “Applications” on your dock and move them to the trash bin. Then remember to empty the trash bin to free up space on your hard drive.
Decluttering your desktop on your Mac will also help the speed. Removing items and placing them in the application folder is a great way to cleanup your Mac. This will also keep your Mac organized, so you can find your files easily later.
How Does Maintenance Scripts Help With Disk Cleanup on a Mac?
Maintenance scripts are other files that come pre-installed on Mac OS X. This is a great system that will automatically clean the hard drive on your Mac. This is something that is done during a certain time oBest ways to do a disk clean up for a Mac is to cleanup the disks hard drive. Knowing the correct way to do this will save you time, money and a lot less repairs on your Mac. Mac OS X is known for its less complexity. Your Mac can be boggled down with too many files and software that can lead to your Mac slowing down.
If the day. However, it is typically done during the nighttime hours between 3:00 am and 5:00 am. This time is used because it is the time of the day that most people are not currently using their computers. If your computer is either asleep or shut down, the process will not happen. The easiest way to fix this is to use an application called Yasu. Yasu is an application that allows you to choose what manuscript you want to run and when you want to run them.
Run a Disk Cleanup Cleaner for a Mac
Running cleanup software, such as MacKeeper is a great way to do a disk cleanup on your Mac. MacKeeper is very easy to use. It will remove any junk files, system cache, user logs and other files that are slowing down your Mac.
No matter what files or applications you have on your Mac, you should try to clean up your Mac on a regular basis. Keeping your Mac clean and free of any unused applications and files, will keep your Mac running proficiently. Now that you have read this article, you can make sure you do a disk cleanup on your Mac, often and properly.
Incoming search terms:
As you use your Mac more often, it is always good to consider cleaning up Mac system too. Doing this will free some hard disk space, speed up the system and even protect your important files and folders.
So start cleaning your Mac by doing the following:
Free some hard disk space: One of the positive things that you can do is free some disk space whether you are using an 80 gig drive. You can remove unnecessary applications and files that only taking up your Mac space.
Delete some Files: This is one of the quickest ways if you want to clean your Mac hard drive. Start with the largest files that are stored in the Mac system. You can even use other utilities that will help you determine all the files that are stored in the hard disk and which of these is taking most of the disk space.
Upgrade you Mac OS: You ca change your Mac to Snow Leopard version because this consume lesser space compared to other Mac versions.
Slim down your Mac and optimize: You can choose from a variety of Mac applications that can compresses other existing applications and remove the other unnecessary files. You can use the Xslimmer that will compress files, CleanMyMac or MacKeeper that offers all around solution for maintaining the Mac and Cocktail that removes files that are eating up your disk space.
Delete old Applications: Look for old applications that are stored in the Mac system and better remove it to trash. This will free some larger space, even reduce hard disk clutter and might improve the Mac performance. But before you drag and drop applications to trash better use third party applications such as AppZapper, AppDelete or MacKeeper to completely remove the applications and all its associated files without leaving any trace behind.
Speed up Mac: There are a lot of ways that you do about it. Formatting the hard drive and re-installing the Mac OS is quite not recommended and instead do this:
A daily routine of cleaning Mac and its hard drive can do a lot not only to speed up its performance but also to prevent clutter drive and reclaim hard disk space. You can a lot to perform some cleaning procedures to your Mac from deleting old and unnecessary files to using third party applications that will compress your files and even remove applications out of the system completely and doing these tasks will greatly keep the Mac system running on god condition.
Over time you will notice that the Mac you are using has gotten slow. It’s about time for Mac cleaning activity to boost and speed up its performance. Here are simple ways in cleaning up your Mac and reviving its speed it back.
- Look for the CPU and Memory Hogs that are found in the Activity Monitor: This is the first thing that you can do when your Mac is acting a little bit slower at this time. Open the Activity Monitor found under the Applications> Utilities. It will show you a list of different applications that are running in the system. Look for applications that are hogging the CPU. If there are applications that you no longer need disable or uninstall them.
- Clean up the Startup List: Determine the programs that are found in the start up menu every time you log in to Mac. Just click the System Preferences, Accounts then the Login Items. If there are applications enlisted that you don’t need at all better click the minus icon to remove it.
- Uninstall Unnecessary Applications and all its associated files: Look into the Application folder as well and trash everything that is unnecessary. Doing this doesn’t necessarily mean that it will speed up the Mac but it will restore additional hard drive space. Before you opt to uninstall programs and all its related files it is wiser to select the right uninstaller applications that is capable of doing this and this include the AppTrap, AppDelete or AppZapper.
- Perform System Maintenance: You can run routine maintenance for your Mac system without the need for spending an extra penny for your Mac. All you need to do is run the Disk Utility found under the Applications>Utilities and verify and repair hard disk permissions. This process can take a longer time so better do this when the system is idle.
- Reclaim some had drive space: Determine also what taking up most of your hard drive space. You can delete unnecessary files, language packs, applications as well as Dashboard widgets to reclaim hard drive space.
- Troubleshoot the Battery and Memory: You can do this by getting the life out of your battery and then calibrate it. If the battery is already cutting out before it gives some warning it is advisable to reset the SMC or PMU that will eventually resolve some Mac problems.
- Upgrade the Mac memory and get the latest system updates: Getting an upgrade for your Mac memory will improve its speed. It is always advisable too to stay updated with the latest System updates and newer versions of Mac applications.
These are just simple ways for Mac cleaning. Do this regularly will resolve the slow problem on your Mac and even saves you a lot of spending for other applications and hardware components for your Mac.
You need to look for your Mac hard drive space and any update to your Mac system to determine what you can do to regain back the performance of your Mac system.